Kentico CMS offers a full featured solution on ASP.NET platform that can be used for creating corporate websites, online stores, web communities and intranets.
Some of the key features Kentico includes are : easy to use, advanced security, international support, open API extensibility, SEO friendly, full text search, web analytics, reports, content rating, Taxonomy (Tags and Categories), Media Library, blogs, forums, e-commerce, events calendar, booking system, newsletter, friends section, polls, wiki, geomapping, message boards, private messaging, groups and much more.
The main advantages of using Kentico, besides competitors are :
- Based on solid ASP.NET platform
- Full featured solution (200+ web parts, features to build fully functional e-commerce, intranet or social network)
- Open and well documented API
- Browser based WYSIWYG editing
- Easy-to-use interface
- Highly customizable in Visual Studio
- Fully rebrandable solution
- Free edition that can be used even for commercial purposes (no time limitation)
- Source code available
- SEO Friendly solution
- Living community at DevNet site: http://devnet.kentico.com/
- Highly responsive support
- Multilingual support including right-to-left languages and eastern languages
- User interface translated into 8 languages
- Multisite support (one instance can support unlimited number of web sites)
- Low implementation cost
Kentico is available in a free, unlimited edition, available for download. This version has no limitations, doesn’t expire and can be used for commercial purposes.
You can evaluate Kentico in 3 ways :
- Download of Trial version of Kentico CMS – fully functional working for 30 days
- Download of Free edition of Kentico CMS – as mentioned above.
- Virtual lab – The whole application is installed on Kentico servers. There are 4 sample websites to choose from, depending on what you are interested in : Corporate, E-commerce, Commnunity (Social Networking) and Personal site.
Recently the 5.0 version of Kentico has been released. Details about this version can be found here.