You have purchased the Amazon fire stick and are all set to use it. However, without installing a VPN along with you will find it very difficult to accomplish the task. This is because whatever content you could be watching may be copyrighted.
By being privy to watching it, you are committing an offense. To avoid this situation, you must install a VPN, and here are the best ways to do so.
Installing the VPN
Usually, there are two methods to download a VPN onto a Fire TV device. We will mention both methods one by one. You might have to fix the issues in case any arise during this process.
Install any VPN from the Fire TV’s app store
- Go to search on a Fire TV device. Now type your VPN’s name. In case you do not see the name, you will have to move to the 2nd method.
- Click on the VPN app as it appears. It will start downloading on your device now.
- Once the download has finished, you will have to click on open so that the app is launched.
- Now you must sign in to the VPN app with your credentials.
- Choose a VPN location from the US & click on the Connect option.
- If you see a request for VPN connection, click on the OK button.
Installing through the VPN’s APK file
- Search for the “Downloader” on a Fire TV or Fire TV stick.
- Click on the Downloader app when it comes up and click on its download button.
- After the download is finished, you ought to open the app
- Once your app is open, you should type the APK file URL for your particular VPN. You will find this information on the VPN service provider’s android app page.
- Now download this APK file. Mostly you will be asked to install the application, but if that does not happen, go to downloads and then click on the APK file.
- As you have downloaded the file from another app, you will have to look for it in the Settings menu. It won’t be visible with the other apps you have.
- Click on settings & then on Applications.
- Now go to “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Click on your VPN app that is present there and then select on launch application.
- Now sign in to this VPN app.
- Choose a VPN location in the US and then click on the Connect button.
Despite this, you might face some problems while installing, and the below tips might prove helpful.
- Uninstall the application. Go to Settings, then Applications, and select Manage Applications and uninstall your app. Once that is done, use the above methods to reinstall it.
- Unplug your Fire TV and TV stick and let it be for some time. Plug it back on after some moments have passed.
- Your streaming might show a natural lag. In that case, you could select some other location in the US.
- Contact your VPN’ support center if nothing seems to work right for you. Most of them have dedicated chat customer support that is available at all times to guide distressed users like you.